Introducing Sargon III - The world's finest microcomputer chess program. Internationally recognized as the ultimate chess software for players of all skills and interests.
FROM NOVICE TO MASTER, SARGON III PLAYS YOUR GAME
- Choose from 9 different levels of play, from beginner to master.
- Select Easy Mode to handicap Sargon's play within levels.
- Plays a strong game, and plays fast.
- Has an opening library of over 68,000 moves.
- Contains the most sophisticated algorithm in chess software...Sargon III has beaten a chess master rated over 2200.
- Winner of the PC World Magazine microcomputer chess tournament.
THE ULTIMATE PROGRAM FOR LEARNING CHESS
Sargon III has the most complete, easy-to-understand documentation. It includes a section on the fundamentals of chess by the U.S. Chess Federation.
And with Sargon III you can...
- Take back moves.
- Set up your own board for customized learning.
- Change sides with Sargon III.
- Replay a game.
- Ask Sargon III to suggest a move for you.
- Review and analyze any of the 107 great games of history provided on disk.
- Sharpen your tactical skills by calling up and studying one of 45 classic chess problems.
- Optional Joystick (Commodore/Atari), Mouse (Macintosh, Apple IIc/IIe) or Lightpen (IBM PC/PCjr.) control enhances game-play.
- Play a friend and let Sargon III monitor your moves for consistency with the rules of chess.
- Features high quality, traditional chess graphics.
- Watch the moves that Sargon III considers through the "Window On The Search."
- Save a game in progress to disk.
- Print out the move list or current game board.
- Join the U.S. Chess Federation at a reduced membership rate.